At United Way, our goal is to make our community a better place to live and work. This year, we will continue to bring people together to create meaningful change.
United with our donors, volunteers and partners, we created life-altering solutions to our community’s most critical issues in 2022. Together, our work led to:
- 1,032,682 lives were positively impacted by United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County’s work.
- In partnership with Corporate Partners for Racial Equity (CPRE), we launched the Multiply Success program. This program provides crucial support to children of color to help them improve math proficiency.
- The release of the Greater San Antonio Military Needs Assessment, which provides insight into the challenges that our city’s military community faces and what can be done to better assist them.
- The launch of the innovative Strong Families, Strong Forces program in San Antonio for the first time ever, which provides counseling support to military families.
- The release of the Making Tough Choices online tool, which teaches users about the difficult choices that 52% of Bexar County residents have to make everyday.
- $200,000 raised for Women United’s Signature Cause, the United Way Child Care Scholarship, at Power of the Purse.
- 18,000 individuals used VITA to help them receive $36 million in tax refunds.
- $80,000 in school supplies given to teachers in Edgewood and Southwest ISDs during the Write Start Project.
- More than $175,000 in basic necessities distributed during our annual Shoebox Project.
- We raised $1.7 million for the United with Uvalde fund to provide mental and behavioral health services as the community heals.
In addition to these accomplishments, Tocqueville Society membership has grown 134% over the past five years to a total of 330 members today.
Our 2022 Campaign is an ongoing success! Corporate gifts are up 4% and giving via special events improved by 7% compared to 2021.
These accomplishments were only possible through the immense generosity of our donors, volunteers and the dedication of our partners. Because of our faith in creating change collectively, the people of San Antonio are better equipped to reach their full potential.
Thank you for joining us in 2022 and we look forward to the solutions we can create together in the new year.