Donate before the end of the year and help our neighbors most impacted by poverty, lack of access to services and the effects of the pandemic.
Across Bexar County:
- Many residents dropped further into poverty and many into poverty for the first time
- February’s winter storm was responsible for many local people losing a week or two of income and/or experiencing plumbing and refrigerator repair bills, including the loss of food. The storm also caused a 500 percent increase in home fires
- Child abuse rates increased during periods of isolation
- Children often returned to social settings with heightened anxiety and stress
- An early childhood education labor shortage affected kinder readiness
- Grief and trauma services saw an uptick in referrals
These challenges to lives and livelihoods will take years to overcome. That’s why United Way goes beyond responding to immediate needs. We’re a vital force in rebuilding resilient communities where everyone can thrive. But that’s not possible without generous people like you.
When you donate to United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County, you:
- Make healthy, affordable food more accessible
- Provide more shelter for people experiencing homelessness
- Help more people connect to 2-1-1, a critical help line
- Give more people support navigating unemployment benefits
- Increase job training opportunities
- Strengthen individuals and families with financial counseling
- Nurture children experiencing change in their home and school environments
- Support students working to graduate high school
- Connect more people to mental health care services
Our neighbors are counting on us for relief, for support, for the opportunity to live a healthy, thriving life. Join generous community members across Bexar County in making a year-end gift.